How many of us have started kicking off with our new year resolution? Do not feel bad if you have not because you can start now. To be sincere, I didn’t have any plan when the year began and I felt guilty about it, but I later decided to pen down what I really needed to accomplish in this new year in my diary and I am excited that I am moving on.
It is a good thing to start the new year with a to- do list but it is more important to set out plans on how to pursue it and take actions. If you don’t draw out plan on how to achieve your new year resolutions, you will be having the same productivity you had in the previous year.
What about if you did well in the previous year? Good but you should do better this year. You should be moving to another altitude every year.
How do you make this year a productive one?
- Write down your goals for the year. I call it a long time goal which is the bigger picture.
- Write down subgoals on how to achieve the long term goal. This could be daily plans or weekly plans. It makes you enthusiastic about the bigger picture.
- Take actions. It will be impractical if you don’t get up and do something.
- Persevere. There are times when you won’t want to continue and the enthusiasm has wound down and you want to give up. You will have to keep moving because the fulfillment is in achieving your goals and you will be glad you did.
- Team up with people with like minded goals. You cannot succeed on your own because everybody needs someone to succeed.
These are my opinions but if you have better suggestions on how to make this year a productive one, I will love to get feedback from you. You can do so by leaving a comment.